Friday, July 2, 2010

St Thomas Bay in Marsascala

In the outskirts of Marsascala, one finds a large, natural inlet with small sandy banks and shallow water suitable for bathing. This is St Thomas Bay, known as 'Ir-Ramla' to the locals. St.Thomas Bay is on the outskirts of Marsascala. In fact it's very close to the village of Zejtun.


The bay is very large; however it only has a small sandy beach. Cliffs surround the majority of the bay. Its shallow waters and small sandy banks make the bay suitable for bathing especially for children. It is also popular with local holidaymakers. The bay is ideal for windsurfing. Now with the official opening of the new bypass Marsascala has become more accessible to all.

There are some cafes and snack-bars beside the bay. The bay is used also by many Maltese fishermen.

7 comments:

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Looks like a lovely place for some fun in the sun :D

Sue said...

That's exactly where I'd like to be right now... swimming in that clear blue sea. Here, where I live, we're far from the sea and it's terribly hot... I'm longing for sea breeze!

Sue.

Juniper said...

Almost thought I saw my little gang in there, we have been going to this beach almost daily. Such a nice little oasis and only 15 min from us.
33 weeks already?! Wow!!! Hope you are feeling well!

Dina said...

Hi, I am planning a beach trip here pretty soon. Hope you are keeping well especially in this heat. I know what it's like.....last summer I was hugely pregnant!! now my little one has a tooth and before I know it she will be one already!!

Loree said...

Would you believe I have never been to St Thomas Bay? You'd think that I would have swum in all the beaches of this tiny island but I tend to stick to the ones closest to home.

Suki said...

@ Loree - I wouldn't be surprised! Although my family has been living in the South for as long as I can remember we siblings were never taken to the South beaches. Somehow we always ended up at Ghadira Bay.

Joey said...

Sigh... shouldn't be envious, but when ya'll have such beauty, it is hard living in Texas.

I so glad I found Victor who led me to Zen to who led me to you...

Life is good. I'm enjoying the beauty through ya'll.