Thursday, July 23, 2009

Zesty Summer Pasta Dish

Although I'm not a pasta lover, sometimes there comes a day when I just feel like having some kind of pasta dish. Yesterday was one of those days. I concocted this recipe myself. And since it turned out to be very good I thought of sharing it with you. I couldn't think of a suitable name for this recipe. Maybe you bloggy friends could help me make up a good name for it.


Ingredients (serves 2)



1 can of artichoke hearts
about 15 cherry tomatoes (halved)
1 large can of tuna
50g sliced green olives
one large minced clove of garlic
olive oil
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
Parmeggiano cheese, grated
a few rocket leaves to garnish
pinch of salt


Saute garlic in olive oil. Rinse off canned artichoke hearts. Add chopped artichoke hearts and saute 10 minutes on low heat. Add cherry tomatoes, tuna, salt and green olives. Cook for 35 minutes on low heat. Sprinkle parsley in the last couple of minutes. Prepare pasta as directed. Serve with sauce and toss with Parmeggiano cheese. Finally, garnish with rocket leaves. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Doreen said...

This sounds heavenly Zen, I love artichoke hearts and tuna and rucola leaves, I will have to try it...I am sure my family will like it too.
For a name how about...Zesty Summer Pasta a la Zen!

Sue said...

It seems like a fantastic dish... must try it.
Thanks for sharing the recipe.
As for the name... I'm not good at this but here goes...Pasta dish with Tuna and artichokes.... or...
Sea and country Pasta.

Dina said...

mmmm sounds delicious and will try this. As for a name I think I would go with what Doreen suggested!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Cool recipe. My wife was just mentioning that she had cravings for pasta, maybe I'll try this recipe of your out for her :D

Isabel said...

Do I know you?
You have a great blog. Well done.

Suki said...

Thanks people for your positive comments esp. Doreen for suggesting a good title for my recipe. As you can see - I changed the name of my recipe. Let me know when you try it.