Monday, October 12, 2009

Banana and Chocolate Squares


With the onset of the rainy season, I usually start looking for some good baking recipes. This weekend, while I was browsing through some food blogs this recipe caught my attention. It was very easy to prepare - in fact, I think it only took me an hour from start to finish. And, mark my words, once you take these delicious chocolate and banana squares out of the oven, they won't last long - they're simply irresistible! One last thing..make sure you don't forget the chocolate chips - I completely forgot about them - I sprinkled them in the last minute and, as expected, they didn't melt properly!

9 comments:

Dina said...

Oh my these sound delicious. I must try them (even though I must not eat them ;) Funny how the rainy season inspires us to bake !

Juniper said...

Mmmmmm these look delicious! I have been collecting overripe bananas of late with the intention of making yet more banana bread, and banana muffins but this looks too good to pass up! Think I will bake it his week! Thank you for the tip!

Angela said...

Those look so yummy!!

Sue said...

Very tempting!
Looks delicious!
Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Sue.

Doreen said...

This sounds like a lovely twist to the usual banana bread/cake recipes...gotta give it a try! I love the way your chocolate chips are half melted decorating the squares...thanks for sharing : )

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

Gosh, I'm hungry just looking at the pix and its 7.30am ... LOL!

Robin said...

Looks delicious - and I've got some overripe bananas to use up too!

Jo said...

I made this for my family the other day - we love it! Absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Suki said...

Hi Jo, I'm so pleased that someone really tried out my recipe!