Monday, October 26, 2009

Chilling out with friends at Ghajn Tuffieha

Yesterday, we decided to go out in the afternoon and dine out with our friends at Ghajn Tuffieha - (pronounced 'ine' as in 'nine' Too-fee-ha ) one of the most beautiful sandy beaches in the North of our island. Although the air is now somewhat cooler than in summer, yesterday a good number of people were either sunbathing or frolicking round at the beach. When I saw all the activity at the beach, I kind of forgot that it's been almost a month since Autumn started. We are still enjoying warm days here in Malta. There were even some daring people who went for a dip in the choppy sea even though it was windy. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we did not notice how time flew. At the end, after watching sunset, we reluctantly made our way home.




6 comments:

Jientje said...

What a lovely day. Beautiful sunset!!

Dina said...

Ghajn Tuffieha is really nice, I should drive up there more often. It's so convenient to have a sandy beach at walking distance from our house that we tend to forget about the other beautiful beaches our island offers!! great pictures. Wish you a lovely week.

Anonymous said...

Nice beach...

I left a comment on your Torta tal-lampuki recipe asking permission to use, you didn't reply, so I will go ahead with the post as the Blog needs updating, check it out later and see if you approve.

AV

Robin said...

That's a beautiful beach. It's still beach weather here too but they're saying that fall may arrive at last this weekend.

Sue said...

Hello Zen,
it looks like your day out on the beach was great, I love the sunset picture, I haven't been to that beach for years... must make it a must next time I visit Malta.
I am sorry I did not answer your comment on my last post on my blog, but my computer suddenly broke down leaving me stranded.
I am now back online after 10 days without the computer and I just read your comment :
Blogger Zen said...

Hi Sue, just a question...is printer ink cheap over there? Cos you seem to use it a lot on your printouts. Mine runs out very quickly. Here, an original Canon cartridge costs me 22 euros.

14 October 2009 16:32

... I use recycled (regenerated) ink cartridges which do not have the original Printer's ink but I can assure you there's no big difference, they cost 6 euros each and I buy them from the Eco store in my town, I don't know if there's anything like this in Malta, I save alot of money using these.
Hugs,
Sue.

Mark Kreider said...

Thanks for your best wishes for my friend!

I must compliment you on your photography. Your images are incredibly clean and sharp, making anything you photograph a pleasure to look at.