Monday, May 4, 2009

Lemons: Sorbetto Sicilia



Last weekend, my mother in law gave me a bag full of lemons! So last week was strawberry week. Now it seems it's gonna be a lemon week. First thing I thought of making, was a lemon sorbet. I served it yesterday for dessert. To be honest with you when I first tasted the cold mixture it was so good that I didn't give it ample time to form into sorbet. I served it as it was.


Here's the recipe.


150 ml fresh lemon juice
150 ml fresh orange juice
150g sugar
250 ml water
grated orange peel (1/2 an orange)
grated lemon peel (1/2 a lemon)


In a mixing bowl, put the sugar, water and fruit juices and stir well. Add grated peel. Pour in Ice-Cream bowl and let the ice-cream machine stir the mixture for around 20 minutes. Serve immediately.

No comments: